Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Serenity

I just finished watching the movie Serenity on the netflix website.
I really liked it.
I give Serenity, the version that I watched on the netflix website, four stars out of five stars.
I wish I could watch on the netflix website the extras that I am assuming that are included with the dvd of this movie.
If the dvd as a whole are good like the movie is then I would probably rate the dvd a little higher.
This movie takes place in the future, like way, way in the future.
At the beginning of the movie planet earth becomes over populated so the humans find another galaxy with good planets and they colonize them.
Serenity is the name of the space ship that the main characters ride around in and basically their pirates, but without the wooden legs and sails on the ship.
The doctor of the ship has a sister that has psychic abilities and she is being held by the government.
Her name is River and the government is training her to become some sort of psychic weapon.
Her brother takes her back from the government and the people on Serenity take them in and most of the movie is spent both avoiding the government and discovering River's secret that she took from one of the government officers.
I know its a poor summary of the movie but I really liked the movie and I think it would be worth your time watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment