Thursday, February 12, 2009

I am legend bonus dvd.

Last night I watched the bonus dvd to the movie, 'I am Legend'.
On the bonus dvd there was an alternate version of the movie that appeared in the theaters and there was an option for extras that you had to access via the internet.
When I clicked my mouse on the extras the screen told me to punch in some sort of code in order to download a digital copy of the dvd.
I wasn't able to get the digital copy because I rented the movie from netflix so I don't know if the digital copy was just simply a copy of the alternate version of 'I am Legend' or if it also included the typical sort of extras (interviews with the actors, out takes, making of video...) that I have come to expect from bonus dvds.
I didn't actually watch the entire alternate version of the movie though.
The first thing I did was select the scene selections to see if it showed any different scenes from the movie and the only part that appeared to be different was the very last part.
So then I started the movie and I watched the first couple of minutes of the movie and then I decided that I was just going to skip to the part where Will Smith's character traps the animal/human and takes it to his lab so he can start the human trials and examine the animal/human and then I skipped right to the end so that I could watched the part that I thought was different.
I don't want to give it all away so I won't actually tell you what happened in the alternate version of the movie.
After I sent the movie back I am begining to think that I probably should of watched the entire alternate version.
From what I watched of the movie, I give the alternate version of the 'I am Legend' movie five out of five stars.
I strongly recommend you watch both versions of the movie.
The dvd set of 'I am Legend' though doesn't rate as high because the bonuse features that I was able to access on the first dvd weren't really all that great, but the alternate version of the movie would be considered a bonus feature and I really liked the alternate version so I give the dvd set as a whole four stars out of five stars.
But I feel they could of done better with the other bonus features.
Will Smith has come a long way since the fresh prince of belaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment