Thursday, August 27, 2009

book reviews

Since my last book review I have actually read several books.
I mentioned the book called Pygmy and the book about the painter and sculptor Michaelangelo already but I didn't really give you a score.
The book Pygmy was unique.
The story was about these middle school age Chinese students that come over to live in suburban America.
But the Chinese students are actually Terrorists, but of course the American families don't know that.
And to make the story seem even more authentic its written from the point of view of the main character who recieves the nickname Pygmy, with his broken English and all of his misunderstandings of the American culture.
I give the book Pygmy the score of 90 out of 100.
The book about Michealangelo was really interesting as well, but I would only read it if you were interested in the time period because I felt at times it was long winded and it goes into a lot of the technical aspects of the art.
I give this book a score of 70 out of 100.
I also read the first two books that the tv series True Blood is based on.
I think the author's name is Charlaine Harris and the name of the first book is 'Dead until Dark', and the second book is "Living Dead in Dallas'.
I really liked both of the books and I found that after I kind of got into them it was difficult to stop reading them.
I give both of those books a score of 93 out of 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment