Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Love in the time of Cholera.

This movie was based on the novel by the same name by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
I think the book won a nobel prize for best novel or something when it was first published.
I believe the book was published in 1985 but I'm not exactly sure about that.
But the movie is only about a year or two old.
The story of the movie is set in Columbia but its an english speaking film.
The story is about a young man who falls in love in with a young women.
When the father of the young women finds out he separates the two by moving her two small village deep in the forest.
The father eventually moves them back into the city and the daughter falls in love and marries a rich doctor.
The young man, Florentino, pleads his ever lasting love for her, Fermina, and eventually they age and then they become lovers.
In the mean time Florentino seduces a whole bunch of women and keeps a diary of all of his sexual encounters.
The sex its self is most certainly not what makes this movie great, its everything else.
Don't get me wrong, there were some moments where I did get a chubby but that isn't why I liked the movie.
The movie as a whole was really good so I give the dvd of 'Love in the time of cholera' four out of five stars.
I really liked the movie, but I guess I could be wrong because the movie didn't do so well at the box office and it didn't receive great reviews either.
Maybe I should look into reading the book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_in_the_Time_of_Cholera

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_in_the_Time_of_Cholera_(film)

No comments:

Post a Comment